本课程由VividEnglish出品,每天更新英语故事,欢迎点击订阅我们!👇🏻
VividEnglish
视频课程
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdRvPKAsPjk&list=PLjCVh0sspsnordBg11oNW2ru4Lh-eWCuO&index=3
故事原文
- Yesterday morning, I left my apartment, heading out to visit my parents who live about two hours away.
昨天早上,我离开公寓,前往住在约两小时车程外的父母家。
- Before starting the drive, I totally forgot to check the amount of gas in my tank.
出发前,我完全忘了检查油量。
- The sun was bright, and I felt excited about spending the day with them.
阳光明媚,我很期待和他们共度这一天。
- I merged onto the highway, turned on the radio, and hummed along with some cheerful tunes.
我驶上高速,打开收音机,随着欢快的音乐轻轻哼唱。
- After driving for about half an hour, I noticed the gas gauge dipping close to E.
开了约半小时后,我注意到油表指针快要到"空"了。
- I realized I should have checked the fuel before leaving home.
我这才意识到,出门前就该先检查油量。
- I began to feel a little nervous, not knowing where the next gas station might be.
我有点紧张,因为不知道下一个加油站在哪里。
- I eased off the gas pedal and started looking out for signs.
我放慢车速,开始留意路标。
- Before long, I spotted a sign showing a gas station at the next exit.
不久,我看到一个路牌,指示下个出口有加油站。
- I let out a sigh of relief and took that exit immediately.
我松了口气,立刻从那个出口驶下。
- The gas station looked a bit old, but it was clearly open for business.
加油站看起来有点旧,但显然还在营业。
- I parked by a pump and noticed it offered full service.
我在加油机旁停下,注意到这里是全服务加油站。
- This meant someone would handle the fueling for me, which made things simpler.
这意味着会有人为我加油,让一切更轻松。
- I rolled down my window, and a friendly attendant approached with a smile.
我摇下车窗,一位友善的服务员微笑着走过来。
- He greeted me and asked how he could help.
他向我打了个招呼,问我需要什么帮助。